Sustainability - An Extension of our Corporate Purpose
The Bank’s Vision is to be The Preferred Bank of Business Owners. The business owner’s footprint in the economy and social fabric of the country is vast. In 2020, small and medium enterprises (“SMEs”) contributed 38.2% to Malaysia’s gross domestic product (“GDP”). They provide employment to almost half of the working population1. By serving the business owner’s personal and business needs, we will positively impact the wider community, i.e. their families, employees, and customers.
True to our mission of Building Alliances to Improve Lives, we aim to contribute to our stakeholders’ financial and social empowerment through meaningful collaborations and impactful business ecosystems.
Another way we improve lives is to do our part to help preserve the planet. Climate change has significantly affected our economy and community, and none is immune to its impact. We are committed to doing our part to improve our environment for the collective good.
To learn more about our sustainability strategy, click here.
1 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Performance in 2019 – Department of Statistics Malaysia
Our Sustainability Purpose
- We help business owners adopt economic, social and governance (ESG) practices in a way that creates value for the business, the community and the environment in which they operate.
- We aim to create a meaningful impact on sustainability in collaboration with our people, customers and community.
Our Sustainability Agenda centres on two key priorities: climate change and social responsibility.
We commit to achieving the following topline goals by Financial Year (FY) 2025:
- Grow RM10 billion in new sustainable banking business
- Help customers adopt sustainable lifestyles and business practices
- Reduce the Bank’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions footprint11
1 We aim to disclose our commitments on carbon emissions reduction by the first quarter of FY23.