Media Centre


SDF/SDF-i to remain until 31 Mar 2018

Dear Customers,

The Special Deposit Facility (SDF)/Special Deposit Facility-i (SDF-i) was offered to resident exporters from 5 December 2016 until 31 December 2017 to facilitate conversion of export proceeds by resident exporters.

Due to a recent announcement from Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) dated 14 December 2017, with effect from 1 January 2018, kindly be advised of the following :

  • The SDF/SDF-i facility has been withdrawn on 31st December 2017.
  • Conversion of new export proceeds into SDF/SDF-i is no longer allowed from 1 January 2018 onwards.
  • During the period of 1 January 2018 to 31 March 2018, any outstanding balances in the SDF account will earn a rate of 3.10%. For SDF-i, the Bank may at its discretion provide the returns in the form of “hibah” (gift).

Important notes:
The sources and uses of funds into/from Trade Foreign Currency Account (FCA) & Investment FCA as per BNM’s Supplementary Notice on Foreign Exchange Administration Rules remain unchanged. You can maintain up to 25% for export proceeds of goods in Trade FCA, while the remaining balance of 75% shall be converted into Ringgit and credited into your MYR current account.


Alliance One Account

Greater control and flexibility in one account.

Experience financial convinience by consolidating all your loans/financing in Alliance One Account.

FIND OUT MORE arrow-right

Alliance SavePlus Account

Why lock your money in Fixed Deposit when your Current Account gives you up to 3%p.a. interest rate with zero transaction fees!

Open an Alliance SavePlus Account instantly and conveniently with us.

FIND OUT MORE arrow-right