Timeless Rewards – Terms & Conditions
1.‘Timeless Bonus Points’ means the points awarded to the Cardmember under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Timeless Bonus Points are awarded to the Cardmember based on the total posted Ringgit amount of retail purchases (whether transacted locally or overseas) made on the credit or payment cards, including the supplementary card(s). Retail transaction means the purchase of goods and/or services from any authorised merchants. Authorised merchants shall have the same definition as provided in clause 2.6 of the ALLIANCE BANK VISA/MASTERCARD CARD AGREEMENT. Cash advance shall have the same definition as provided in clause 2.12 of the ALLIANCE BANK VISA/MASTERCARD CARD AGREEMENT.
2. For every RM1 spent by the Alliance Bank VISA and MasterCard Principal and Supplementary Cardmembersonly during this promotion period, one (1) Timeless Bonus Point shall be allocated. This Conversion rate is subject to change at the absolute discretion of Alliance Bank at any time without assigning any reason thereto and such variation or change may be notified by Alliance Bank to the Cardmember through notice in the statement of account and/or through any other manner that Alliance Bank deems fit. Such variation or change shall take effect from the date specified in the notice described therein. All retail transactions will qualify for Timeless Bonus Points except for following Cash advances, annual fees, interest accumulated, late payment charges, finance charges and other miscellaneous charges. Adjustment will be made to the Timeless Bonus Points earned by the Cardmembers arising from returned goods and services or reversal of billing amount due to refund or dispute.
3. Alliance Bank will not be liable for any delay in actual posting of the transaction and/or Timeless Bonus Points during the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme. In respect of retail purchases which are transacted in a foreign currency, the Alliance Bank’s foreign exchange conversion rate prevailing at the time of posting of the transactions to the Cardmember’s account shall be used to calculate the Ringgit value of the transactions.
4. Timeless Bonus Points earned in the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme have no cash or monetary value. Accrued Timeless Bonus Points cannot be redeemed for cash. Annual fee waiver cannot be converted to cash prizes.
5. Timeless Bonus Points are accrued in the name of the Cardmember only and shall not be transferred to another Cardmember or entity nor can the Cardmember request the Timeless Bonus Points be provided in the name of another person, including the name of the Supplementary Cardmember or immediate family members (spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, etc.). Subject to clause 7 hereof, the Timeless Bonus Points collected can only be redeemed during the lifetime of the Principal Cardmember. Cardmembers will be notified of the Timeless Bonus Points accumulated in the monthly card statement.
6. Subject to clause 8 hereof, where the Cardmember has more than one credit or payment card, and the Cardmember elects to close one of the card accounts or all of the card accounts then the Timeless Bonus Points acquired under the closed account must be redeemed before the card account is closed. Any unredeemed Timeless Bonus Points after the closure of the card account shall be automatically cancelled. For avoidance of any doubt, the date of receipt of the Cardmember’s notification in writing to close the card account(s), Alliance Bank shall be deemed to be the date the account is closed.
7. Alliance Bank reserves the right at its absolute discretion and without assigning any reason thereof to cancel or suspend the redemption of the Timeless Bonus Points. Timeless Bonus Points earned on any card account which is thirty (30) days or more past due or the account is believed by Alliance Bank to be operated fraudulently or on any account closed by Alliance Bank will be cancelled or suspended immediately.
8. The Cardmember may request to redeem the Timeless Bonus Points in one of the following manner: i) by telephone, or ii) facsimile transmission, or iii) sending the request by mail, or iv) any other methods as may be announced by Alliance Bank from time to time.
9. Once the accumulated Timeless Bonus Points in a Cardmember’s card account have been redeemed under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme, such Timeless Bonus Points shall be extinguished.
10. Each redemption request from the catalogue shall be accompanied by a redemption form duly completed by the Cardmember and sent to Alliance Bank in accordance with the procedure as laid down in the catalogue. The redemption request cannot be revoked, cancelled, returned or exchanged upon acceptance by Alliance Bank. Request for redemption of rewards with insufficient Timeless Bonus Points shall be rejected. Cardmembers shall provide an address in Malaysia to Alliance Bank for delivery of goods and/or vouchers/certificates.
11. The rewards will be delivered within twenty-one (21) working days upon receipt by Alliance Bank of the Cardmember’s request for redemption. A redirection fee of RM10 for West Malaysia or RM15 for East Malaysia (to be billed to or debited from the Cardmember’s account) will be charged to the Cardmember who requests for a change of the delivery address. No delivery shall be made to an address bearing a P.O Box or W.D.T No. or locked Bag No. or an address of similar nature and addresses outside of Malaysia. Reward vouchers or items will be deemed delivere upon acknowledgement of receipt of the reward vouchers or items by occupant at the address for delivery and where such address is an office address, by any member of the office. Such acknowledgement shall be deemed to be the acknowledgement of the Cardmember.
12. If a Cardmember does not receive the reward upon the expiry of twenty-one (21) working days from the date of notification of the redemption, the Cardmember shall within six (6) months from the expiry of twenty-one (21) working days, inform Alliance Bank of non-receipt of the reward. Alliance Bank shall arrange for delivery of the reward upon receipt of proof of non-delivery. Upon expiry of the said six (6) months, the Cardmember shall be deemed to have received the rewards. Thereafter, the Cardmember shall have no right or recourse against Alliance Bank for the redemption of the said reward.
13. The Cardmember or his authorised representative is advised to examine all reward upon delivery to the Cardmember. If reward is damage or defective, the Cardmember must report to Alliance Bank Customer Service within seven (7) working days from the date of receipt. A replacement will be delivered within twenty-one (21) working days from the return date. The damaged or defective reward must be returned in its original condition for a replacement. The right for replacement Rewards shall be extinguished in the event the Cardmember or his authorised representative fails to comply with the term and conditions herein including but not limited to condition no.12 above.
14. Alliance Bank does not accept any liability whatsoever however arising with respect to the rewards supplied or in connection with any supplier’s refusal to accept Alliance Bank Rewards Programme Redemption Confirmation Letter or voucher/certificate submitted for redemption by the Cardmember. The rights if any, which the Cardmember may have in connection with a reward, are solely against the supplier of the reward.
15. By conducting the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme, Alliance Bank does not accept any liability, including death or injury or consequential losses or damages of whatever nature howsoever arising from the redemption, supply or usage of the reward or from the losses, theft or destruction of a reward.
16. Alliance Bank gives no representation or warranty with respect to any products or services supplied/provided under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme. In particular, Alliance Bank gives no warranty to Cardmember with respect to the quality or the Reward(s), their suitability or purpose.
17. Not with standing any provisions to the contrary herein contained, any dispute concerning goods or services received, the rewards under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme shall be resolved by the Cardmember with the participating merchant/supplier/establishment. Alliance Bank will bear no responsibility whatsoever to resolve or intercede in such disputes.
18. The rewards are in the form of goods, gift certificates/vouchers that can be redeemed, in respect of certain services, discounts, magazines, holiday packages, insurance policies and any other privileges as outlined in this catalogue.
19. Rewards, which consist of certificates/vouchers issued by participating merchants or suppliers under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme cannot be encased and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer. The rewards certificates/vouchers are valid for use as per the date specified on the rewards certificates/vouchers. If the rewards remain unutilised after the specified date, it will not be replaced. The use of the rewards certificates/vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions contained therein and are valid for use at the participating merchants or suppliers outlets under the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme.
20. In the case where the Rewards certificates/vouchers state a specified amount (Ringgit), and if such rewards are used for value less than the amount stated, the difference cannot be encashed. In the case where the value of the Rewards certificates/vouchers is less than the value of the item(s) purchased, the Cardmember is to pay the difference in cash or by Alliance Bank credit/debit card to the participating merchants or suppliers.
21. Alliance Bank shall not be liable for any cancellation of the holiday packages, delay or cancellation of the transportation facilities (where applicable) or for any losses or damages suffered by the Cardmember in relation to the holiday packages.
22. A Cardmember may choose to convert his Timeless Bonus Points to a frequent flyer programme(s) or an affiliated programme (subject to availability) provided that he registers for the programme(s) prior to redemption of the Timeless Bonus Points pursuant to clause 9 hereof and that he informs Alliance Bank of his own account number for any one or more of the programmes at the point of redemption of the Timeless Bonus Points.
23. Once the Timeless Bonus Points are converted into points under one of the programmes mentioned under condition no.22 above, the points cannot be reconverted into Timeless Bonus Points. For the avoidance of doubt, the conversion of the Timeless Bonus Points into points under one of the frequent flyer/affiliated programmes applicable to the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme shall take not less than twenty-one (21) to forty-two (42) days for the completion of the conversion.
24. Alliance Bank reserves the right to revoke and to withdraw these programmes at its sole and absolute discretion retains to convert the points under any one or more of the frequent flyer/affiliated programmes offered under this Catalogue.
25. If any or all of a Cardmember’s acquired Timeless Bonus Points are given by employers as a benefit, the redemption of the Timeless Bonus Points for Rewards may be subjected to tax by the relevant authorities.
26. Alliance Bank shall not be responsible to pay for any costs whatsoever in connection to or including but not limited to tax the taxation of the business-related rewards.
27. The Rewards set out in the Catalogue are valid for redemption according to the period as stated in the catalogue or as agreed by the participating redemption merchants or while stock lasts whichever is applicable. Upon termination/cancellation of the Alliance Bank VISA and/or MasterCard for any reason whatsoever and regardless of whether the termination/cancelllaton is effected by Alliance Bank or the Cardmember, all accumulated Timeless Bonus Points will be forth with extinguished.
28. Alliance Bank reserves the right to charge the full amount to the Cardmember’s account for any redemption made by a Cardmember who is in breach of any of the Terms and Conditions outlined herein or the terms of the ALLIANCE BANK VISA/MASTERCARD CARD AGREEMENT between Alliance Bank and the Cardmember.
29. Unless otherwise specified herein, the Bank’s charges exclude any current taxes and future taxes that may be imposed (including the Goods and Services Tax (“GST”)), under the relevant legislation. Upon the effective date of implementation of any such taxes in the future and wherever applicable, the Bank will be entitled to recover such taxes from the Cardmember.
30. Alliance Bank reserves the right to revise the Timeless Bonus Points or substitute or replace any of the merchandise listed at any time without assigning any reason thereof. All items are subject to availability of stock. Items accepted in good condition are not returnable nor can it be exchanged for any other goods. In the event the item is found to have any manufacturing defect at such time where it is still within valid warranty period (if applicable), the Cardmember shall liaise directly with the manufacturer of the item, its authorised dealer or the merchant/supplier from whom the Cardmember obtained the said item.
31. Items/vouchers are not exchangeable for other rewards or transferable for cash or credit under any circumstances.
32. Alliance Bank is not responsible for lost or stolen Reward Vouchers/Letter of Redemption. Reward Vouchers/Letter of Redemption are only valid at the participating outlets listed in this programme.
33. Alliance Bank reserves the right at its absolute discretion, to withdraw or vary in part or in full, from time to time, the Alliance Bank Rewards Programme’s Terms and Conditions at any time without assigning any reason thereof.
34. Any notice required to be given under these Terms and Conditions shall be made through the statement of account and/or through any other manner as deemed fit by Alliance Bank and such notice and/or any change, variation and amendments therein shall take effect from the date as specified in the notice.
35. In these terms and conditions unless the content otherwise provides, reference to Alliance Bank shall refer to Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad.
36. For products with colour options: If Cardmember failed to state their preference, Alliance Bank reserves absolute right to decide on the Cardmember’s order and its decision is final, no appeal shall be entertained.